Monday, July 21, 2008

Community Service

Tonight is family night. Tonight I also had a meeting. What better thing to do for family night than to teach your children about community service.

After dinner I informed Alex and Daniel that we were going to the library for family night. So we went to the library where we spent 40 minutes in our home owners association meeting. They were actually quite good. Alex sat mostly still and Daniel wandered around in the back of the room and played with the door quietly. They were ready to go home when it was over so I took them into the library for a few minutes and we left. Mom had treats when we got home.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Daniel played with the door quietly? I can actually imagine that. That's a much higher plane (or in this context, is it plain?) than our family's being-quiet-for-a-meeting-behavior.
And speaking of community service, are you going door-to-door this Saturday with Marysville's GOP, supporting Dino Rossi? I don't want to, but I don't want to see an incumbent re-elected, either. I just want my yard sign.