Monday, March 17, 2008

Mosquito Food


Every couple weeks at work the Puget Sound Blood Center shows up looking for more blood. Signs are posted around work and emails are sent out looking for victims. Despite claiming they want your blood they don't make it easy.

First you need to be healthy, including no colds in the last few days. Then they ask you all kinds of questions about where you've been and who you've been with. At least they settle for the answers on the written sheet now rather than asking you everything again verbally like they used to.

I paid them a visit today. She wanted to know how much I exercise because my pulse was so low. I told her I figure you only have so many heart beats in life and I don't want to use them up. When they looked for a vein they remarked that I was genetically bred to donate. After they took a pint from me, my arm was wrapped in green tape in honor of St Patrick's day.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm glad someone in our family was designed to give blood, because I sure wasn't.

Your green tape was cute.

Suzanne said...

I don't mind donating, but I'm such a baby about needles. I kept thinking that the guy with the video and the mosquito was going to feint.

Did you get a sticker that said "Kiss me. I gave blood today"?

Debbie said...

He usually has a sticker that says something like "I got cookies because I gave blood".

Keira said...

I love the picture. Nathan is always donating as well. Evidently, I've escaped their coils.

Stephen said...

The sticker I like says "Give blood, get cookies". It speaks to me.