Saturday, March 22, 2008

Keep Refrigerated


Yesterday I cleaned out the refrigerator at work. It was gross with no room in it so I left a sign on it Monday saying anything left Friday after 1:00 p.m. would be thrown away. Friday at 2 p.m. it was still full.


There is a 35 lb weight limit for the garbage cans. I filled up 6 garbage cans. There were a couple things only a day or two old. I decided it wasn't my problem if they couldn't read. The oldest thing I noticed was a container of yogurt that expired over a year before.


When I went back in the break area a couple hours later it kind of smelled. I'm glad the cleaning crew was showing up for work. The should be able to take care of things.


I forgot to take the bleach wipes we have to work but at least the refrigerator is now empty.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Great picture! (But I still refuse to wear high heels next time I clean out the fridge)

It was fun to see the fridge getting shredded, but my question is..."will it blend?"

Suzanne said...

Oh my, six garbage cans?! You have gone above and beyond your civic duty by cleaning out a "communal" fridge. So nice of everyone to read you sign and "help" you clean up.

I am afraid of refrigerators that are full of expiration dates. I refuse to do a taste test and barely do smell tests for items. When in doubt...chuck it!

Stephen said...

The is a lady who ignored the sign and now expects me to pay for her luch bag I tossed.

Some people really know how to say thanks.

Keira said...

Glad you're doing your civic duty. I'm back in the blogging saddle but can't top your entry. Excellente'

Suzanne said...

Steve, I'd like to see a picture of Debbie in heels cleaning the fridge. Just saying.