Sunday, April 6, 2008

She's Still As Wonderful As Ever


Twentyeight years ago on Sunday April 6th I asked my sweetheart to marry me. The best thing that I've ever done.


Some things are better left unsaid so I will skip how I asked her. At first we were just engaged to get engaged. By the end of the day we had picked our wedding date and were engaged. For some reason it wasn't a surprise to anyone. We had been dating two months and bets had already been placed on when we would get engaged.


I had this picture posted in my dorm and used to look at it while listening to The Rose. It had just been released and was played all the time on the radio.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That was one of those songs that was played about 50 times a day. It is a great song - and if I didn't like Bette Midler's music I would have gotten totally sick of it.

It does take me back.

Keira said...

I love that picture of Deb and The Rose is an awesome song--it sure beats Bette's "From a Distance" by a mile.

Keira said...

Tia nearly got a concussion falling out of that tree behind her. The cherries made terrible eating but it was a great climbing tree.

Suzanne said...

Debbie looking oh so demure. She could be the cover to a Grace Livingston Hill book.

Mad Runner said...

I took that picture. Debbie found me and forced me to take it but I still took it ... a little to the right, no wait, my right, hold it, you're squinting ... alright, already, I'll take the stupid picture!

It did turn out nice though!