Friday, June 13, 2008

Baby Steps for Father's Day

Father's Day is coming up so I guess I should try to be a better father. I have never been into sports much and even less so since I moved to Washington. When I read the paper I don't even look at the sports page. Not to say I don't like sports, it's just I have so many things on my to do list that I don't get done, and sports has been a very low priority on that list.

Needless to say, most of my children suffer from my lack of sports interest in that they are not the first, second or third picks when it comes to physical activities. They are kind of nerds. OK, no kind of about it but they come by it honestly.

Anyway in my attempt to be a better father and get my boys to do something outdoors I bought a croquet set this week at the same time I was buying a new trampoline. I am informed that the trampoline is my Father's Day gift. Anyway Daniel and Alex mowed the lawn yesterday and I went out with them today and played a round of croquet. They enjoyed it but were not up to a second game. I think I'll just take baby steps with them for a while. Maybe I'll get them to like some place that is not next to a computer.

By the way Andrew and Nathan went camping tonight with the singles ward. Andrew took a movie and his mom's computer with him to keep him company. Baby steps for the 20 year old too. Boy is he in for a shock next month when he gets to the MTC.

No comments: